Foresight is a specialist organisation of eye surgeons committed to addressing avoidable blindness through skills transfer and education in Australia and in partnership with low-income countries in the Asia Pacific Region.
Foresight’s mission is to prevent and cure blindness and empower communities through skills transfer, education and capacity building.
- To alleviate poverty and create an environment that allows the CURE and PREVENTION of blindness through skills transfer.
- To provide capacity building, education and skills transfer for ophthalmologists, eye care workers and managers through sustainable programs tailored to a country’s need.
- To EMPOWER communities and promote partnerships with low-income countries, ensuring a sense of ownership by the people of that country.
- To respond to the special problems of childhood blindness where critical periods of childhood development determine the degree to which the vision can be restored.
- To seek solutions that address blindness and poverty, acknowledging that blindness is a cause and a consequence of poverty.
Read more about our work in our annual reports.